1 An aerial view of Henley-in-Arden in 1930 showing the layout of the original terminus station plus the engine shed and goods shed and yard. The connecting line from the new station is seen on the left and the headshunt on the formation of the branch line to Rowington Junction is seen at the top of the photograph.
2 Steam Navvy at work at Crocketts Farm, north of Henley in Arden during construction of the GWR North Warwickshire line in 1906. Photo by GM Perkins
3 Derailed GWR engine after running through the buffers at Henley-in-Arden on 4th September 1899.
4 Original Henley-in-Arden station at the end of the Rowington branch line
5 Original Henley-in-Arden station at the end of the Rowington branch line
6 Original Henley-in-Arden station at the end of the Rowington branch line
7 Map of the original terminus and station at Henley-in-Arden in 1905
8 1908 map of the old station © 'Great Western Engine Sheds 1837-1947' by E. Lyons & E.Mountford.
9 Original Henley-in-Arden station lying disued after closure of the branch line in 1908
10 Google Earth view of the course of the Rowington to Henley branch line. The route is marked in blue.
11 Google Earth view of the course of the Rowington to Henley branch line at the Henley Terminus
12 Google Earth view of the course of the Rowington to Henley branch line at the Henley Terminus. The route to the original station is marked in blue, the later extension to the new station is in red.
13 Picture of an engine being delivered to work on completion of the new railway in Henley in 1894. Engine was delivered to Bearley then driven under its own steam up the High Street with track laid in front as it went.
14 The end of the old Henley Branch Line. Parts of the old goods yard visible on the left.
15 Rail crash at Henley 1911
16 Henley Station
17 Old Henley Station and loco shed c1936-37
18 Bricklayers at the new Henley-in-Arden Station in 1894
19 Thomas Perkins 1872-1952. Pharmacist in Henley and passionate railway fan.
20 Photo by GM Perkins (son of Thomas) showing a train at the old Henley station